JC Flash Map is an Adobe Flash CS3/CS4 ActionScript 3.0 component used to display online maps from all of the major map providers: Google Maps, Yahoo! Maps, Microsoft Maps and OpenStreetMap. You can use the component to navigate through the map and pin down selected location with custom defined markers. This component can also be customized by you so you can fully integrate it in your applications and websites.
The component needs Internet connection in order to download and display the map. It divides the map into several tiles that are loaded and displayed as soon as the necessary information is downloaded from the map provider.
The component uses geographical coordinates defined as latitude and longitude to identify locations on the map. The latitude and longitude accept values only as decimal degrees, not as degrees, minutes and seconds.
The map can also be zoomed in or out, having a maximum zoom depending on the map provider (for more details please see the zoom property defined below).
- Fully customizable to be integrated in your applications
- Maps displayed from several providers (OpenStreetMap, Google Maps, Yahoo! Maps, Microsoft Live Maps)
- Several types of map, depending on each map provider
- Easy navigation within the map using drag&drop, double click, advanced controls and API
- Different levels of zoom
- Very easy to use, no coding required
- Uses CS3/CS4 UI components which you can also customize to have the design you need
Flash IDE: Adobe Flash CS3, Adobe Flash CS4
- Runs on Adobe Flash CS3 and CS4, AS3.0 only, on both Windows and Mac.
- Internet connection is required in order to test the component locally, in the Flash IDE. The component downloads data and images for the map to be displayed from the selected provider.
- Basic Flash CS3/CS4 knowledge is needed. No coding skills are required, unless you would like to use it in advanced mode.